First stage, Best London Lofts book a FREE appointment with our local surveyors to discuss your exact requirements and guide you through the details and process of completing the loft conversion project. Our surveyor will complete a thorough design review of your attic space and discuss your options for making the most of the space available. Best London Lofts then will prepare a FREE and no-obligation estimate.
If you choose to go ahead with the conversion, your dedicated Best London Lofts project manager (Adrian Paul) will take control of the whole project.
The first step is to create and submit all the necessary drawings for Local Authority planning permissions and Building Regulations approval. Once approval is received, the building work on your new loft conversion project can begin at a time convenient for you (a starting date will be booked).
A loft conversion takes an average of six weeks from start to finish. The typical stages are outlined below – actual stages and timescale will vary depending on the type of conversion you require.
Adrian Paul – site manager are on hand throughout the entire process to answer your questions and concerns. You will always be aware of what work is taking place and be able to track progress. Any new ideas you may have can be discussed. Throughout the project, Best London Lofts takes care of all liaisons with the local authorities.
– Scaffold erected and skip delivered
– Water tanks detached
– Steel beams and new floor joists fitted
-VELUX® windows fitted
– Dormer shell erected
– Flat roof constructed
– First inspection by Building Control
– Electrical installation
– Plumbing and heating installation
– Loft space constructed, fire proofed and insulated
– Partition walls constructed
– Staircase installed
– Second inspection by Building Control
– Plaster boarding
-Shower room fitted
– (where appropriate)
– Final plumbing and heating completed
– Final inspection by Building Control
– Completion Certificate from Building Control
– Loft area ready for decoration